Help Fund A Veteran Blog
The Art Of Marketing To The Crowd
If you subscribe to the notion of ‘build it and they will come’ when it comes to building and marketing your campaign, that would be considered an EPIC mistake.
The success of your campaign and having the ‘crowd’ get behind your business goals is predicated on the effort and preparation invested. Now, while there hundreds of action items to consider when marketing and launching a campaign, however, we encourage you to consider putting to action these tactics below.
1) A good starting point is to ask yourself these 3 questions:
· What inspired you to serve in the military?
· What is the purpose in launching your business?
· How will you get your customers to become your very own brand fanatics?
Simon Sinek, delivered a very powerful TED talk, find it, below.
2) Consider these questions:
What are key characteristics (demographics and interests) of
your target audience?
· How much research do you need to invest learning about them?
· Which mediums will be most effective in reaching your target
audience? (Social media, blogs, radio, TV, phone book, etc.)
· What actions need to be taken to reach your audience? (Content
creation, networking and relationships, phone-calls, etc.)
3) Consider these 3 suggestions:
· Create a powerful 'About You' video for Help Fund a Veteran.
(This can also be utilized on your website too). This video MUST
capture your background, problem aiming to be solved, and your
call to action.
· Take high quality pictures of your product or service being
· Create a content calendar that will record exactly what you plan
on marketing and when to publish.
4) Consider adopting these marketing strategies in your campaign:
· Friends & Family - Invite your circle of friends and family to
check out your campaign page on HFAVET. They have the
potential to be your biggest support. Encourage them to share
your campaign on their social media sites and to pledge a
generous amount to your vision.
· Colleagues - Chances are, many of your co-workers are
cheering you on and are more than happy to spread the word or
even pledge money from their own pockets.
· Social Media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn,
Google+, Pinterest, and Snapchat can be very powerful tools to
help elevate your marketing campaigns at a very low cost.
You don't have to be active on every single social media network.
Try starting with 2-3 platforms and really being creative and
consistent in posting content. While it is free to utilize these
platforms, consider investing in targeted ads, which will help
expose your business message to people who can help support
your vision. Aim to create and post content daily.
Encourage your followers to join your journey and engage with
· PR (Public Relations) - Capturing the attention of local,
regional and national media outlets can be a very powerful
strategy to increase awareness of your campaign. Consider
reaching out to your local news station and present your press
release packet to them.
· Bloggers - It is important to build relationships with influential
bloggers that have an audience that may relate to your brand.
Consider reaching out to bloggers via introductions from friends.
Don't be selfish and just ask to get publicity, rather, take a
different approach and see if there is anything you can do to
support the blogger.
· Email - Build your email list early in your campaign and do it
quickly! Consider pre-scripting your emails when your campaign
goes live to provide your supporters information in order to save
valuable time. Email providers such as Mailchimp.com offers
great tools for free.
· Analytics - Measuring where your traffic is coming from is
important to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your
About Help Fund A Veteran
We help creators and supporters meet around great projects.Learn More